Accessible Page Links

Page Tools

Main page Content

Enrolling at our school

North Arm State School recognises as its prime obligation, the provision of access to an appropriate educational service for students whose principal place of residence is within the school's catchment area.
Because of enrolment capacity and growth North Arm State School may be unable to meet this obligation in the future, unless action is taken now to manage enrolments. The Principal must restrict enrolment of out-of-catchment students to ensure in-catchment students can enrol at their local state school, without requiring additional facilities.
A copy of the current North Arm State School Enrolment Plan is available from the related links section and in our Enrolment Pack available for download.
Please call the school office on (07) 5472 9888 to make an appointment with the Principal.  Please allow at least half an hour to go through the enrolment process.  
Parents or caregivers must be the adults enrolling the students.
Enrolment packages are available from the school office.  The package contains a number of forms you will need to complete. A parent information booklet is available for download from our website and it will answer some of your questions.

What to bring

  • a birth certificate or acceptable proof of birth e.g. extract or passport
  • report cards and records of previous schooling, particularly with interstate enrolments
  • emergency contacts
  • special needs information 
  • reports from specialists or medical practitioners and health workers if applicable
  • medication forms and advice from the prescribing doctor are to be completed if your child requires staff to administer medication. These medications must have clear written instructions about quantity and time of administration.

Please help us keep your child's information up to date

Advise us urgently if: 
  • you change your address or contact numbers
  • there is a change in your emergency contact numbers
  • any significant changes occur with regard to your child's health
  • you feel we should know of any other changes which concern your child e.g. work phone numbers, custody/court orders.